I’ll admit I like to eat.
Food brings me comfort while working, spending time with family, celebrating, on rainy days, or for just for Me time. However, I’ve realized as I’ve moved gracefully into mid-30s that the type of food you eat has an impact on brain function and how you feel overall. Believe it or not my success has a lot to do with what I choose to eat.
I can remember when I started my business some days I was super energetic and other days I felt sluggish. This was linked to what and how I was eating daily. Some days I would eat leafy veggies and nuts. Other days you’d find me getting a quick lunch at a greasy burger establishment. You can guess which days I felt sluggish the most. I decided I had to change this if I really wanted to achieve success.
I began by researching what employees ate for lunch at top companies around the world. For example, the guys over at Google eat sushi for lunch and they're always coming up with innovative ideas that make our lives easier! Right? And, that’s the LINK i was searching for: sushi &success... success & sushi. Yeah, well aside from sushi I discovered that indeed food is linked to success. So I continued my research about what someone could eat to make them more capable of finding success.
I’m no scientist but I found that...
The secret lies in raw foods uncooked, natural foods.
• Uncooked foods enable your body to better absorb all of the vitamins and minerals that the food has to offer. You simply can't function right if you're not getting the proper nutrition. It’s difficult coming up with innovative ideas for your success when your body and your brain are starving for essential nutrients. The simple solution is to give your body what it needs.
Some of the most important types of raw food to eat are fruits and vegetables. All by themselves, fruits and vegetables provide much of what your body hungers for. Benefits that you will receive from eating fruits and vegetables include:
• Clear thinking
• Strong focus
• Thinking outside the box
• Ability to find creative and innovative solutions
The most successful and innovative people have many things in common. One of the traits they share is that they feed their brains as well as their body.
Here are some tips that I recommend doing today to help you make those changes if you’re ready:
1. Make gradual changes. Gradual changes make it easier for your body and mind to incorporate new routines and new choices. As you make the changes, you'll notice:
• You think differently.
• Your mind stays on the task at hand without deviating too much.
• Your response time to certain situations is quicker than before.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables have essential vitamins and minerals for your body and your brain.
• I recommend a Fish Oil vitamin/tablet. Fish oil contains essential fatty acids that help with serotonin uptake in the brain. Serotonin makes you feel good mentally and enables your brain to better cope with stress. You can get your fish oil from certain kinds of fish, such as salmon, or from supplements. You can find these at your local Walmart or Dollar Tree.
3. Increase your Omega 3 fatty acids. Eat plenty of foods that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids improve brain function. Where do you find these important acids?
• In certain types of fish such as salmon, Mahi Mahi, and other varieties
• In ground flaxseed(I love love love!)
• In additional foods to which Omega 3 fatty acids have been added.
Check your food
labels: some foods have added Omega 3s to ensure that people are receiving an adequate supply in their diets.
So start with fruits and vegetables and if you're not sure which ones you'll like, buy a little at a time and taste test them. Many people turn their nose up at foods that are healthy for them. To their surprise, they later find that many of them taste good!
The best surprise, though, comes when you notice the difference in how you think, how you feel, and how you are enjoying growing successfully!
Hello! My name is Racquel Rogers and I am a certified career, entrepreneur, NLP Practitioner, and public speaker coach. I coach people who are serious about going after their ultimate professional goal. The people that I work with are career-seekers and new entrepreneurs.
Schedule your consultation today to get started going after the career you really want:https://www.latteresumeconsulting.com/book-online
Join the Latte Resume Consulting Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Latte-Resume...
Join Keep Shining Global Facebook group page https://www.facebook.com/groups/62151...